Skill & Livelihood Development
FINISH Society organizes different engagement activities, meetings, school activities and awareness activities through our different projects. Livelihood development programmes were designed to help improve the quality of life for marginalized people by providing them with access to health care, livelihood opportunity and protection; thereby giving them hope to constructively contribute to their communities. FINISH Society also engages socio-financial weaker sections of the society and believes in women empowerment through women motivators who are the main change agents and SHGs. They play various roles by going from house to house, make people aware, motivate, educate and implement the project activities.
The following projects have been undertaken currently in Livelihood & Skill development programme
- Skill development trainings for women and youth, supported by DISHA, CSR initiative of ACC Cement Limited in Chaibasa, Jharkhand.
- An entrepreneurial mentorship programme for reinvigorating migrant women's self-help groups into creating federations for promoting local businesses by skill development in Jaipur's Transport Nagar slum area, jointly implemented by School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE) India and FINISH Society, and supported by PwC India Foundation.
- To improve socio-economic conditions of women waste workers (safai sathis) in Bangla Basti of Amritsar, Punjab, a Plastic Waste Management and Livelihood project is implemented by FINISH Society in collaboration with UNDP India, CocaCola India Foundation and Municipal Corporation of Amritsar. Self help groups are formed and skill based trainings are provided to safai sathis to establish institutional setup for formalizing their groups.
- Establish Sanitation Enterprise with Women Community Based Federations for sanitation business development, profitably and sustainably in Samastipur & Muzaffarpur, Bihar supported by FINISH Mondial and jointly implemented by Sarva Seva Samiti Sanstha (4 S) and FINISH Society.
- Currently registered under National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), Delhi. for conducting Skill development trainings for income generation and livelihood creating opportunities for unemployed youth.
- Training and capacity building of masons on Toilet technologies, supported by FINISH Mondial and jointly implemented ILFS & FINISH Society in Jharkhand and Bihar.
- Formation of SHGs and connecting them through Jharkhand State Livelihood Promotion Society (JSLPS) for financial assistance to give thrust to increase local micro and group enterprises and improve their socio- economic condition and other capacity building activities, under a project funded by Tata Power Limited.
- Formation and training of women SHGs for sustainable livelihood creation & income generating activities like mask making soap making. under a School sanitation programme – “Shriram swachhagarh” of DCM Shriram Limited in Kota, Rajasthan.
- Community Health Facilitators (CHFs) – 1001- all women, are identified and trained in developing sanitation markets through community awareness programmes, sanitation financing, and monitoring of facilities under FINISH Mondial implemented with CASHPOR microcredit in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. More than 800 masons have been trained and oriented on safe sanitation technologies.
Candidates successfully complete the training programme
Final placement of all 102 candidates done