Donate to FINISH
FINISH Society 'Financial Inclusion Improves Sanitation and Health', is established with an aim to promote sustainable and equitable development of the sanitation sector in India through generating awareness along with economic incentives and thereby, improving lives of poor rural and peri-urban households.
- A recent study by the Water and Sanitation Program of the World Bank estimates that inadequate sanitation costs India the equivalent of 6.4% of its GDP.
- As of February 2011, 31% of rural households in India do not have toilets.
- A 2008 UNICEF study points out that a mere 21% of rural India uses improved sanitation facilities. But sanitation is no one's priority.
- The World Health Organization and United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) estimate that there are more than 620 million people practising open defecation in the country; over 50 per cent of the population.
What needs to be done?
- Increase sanitation density by leveraging subsidy with community contribution.
- Merely construction is not enough, but to build demand for use of sanitation systems.
- Emphasis on Information, Education and Communication.
- Utilize cost effective and innovative technologies.
We would appreciate your help in making toilets for invidual households, schools or community. If you wish to do so; please find below details for sending your contributions. Let's take a one step ahead in making India Swachh!
- Account Name- Finish Society
- A/c No.- 50100030053059
- Bank-HDFC Bank
- Branch-3, Durga nursery road, Udaipur-313001, Rajasthan
- IFSC Code- HDFC0001273
"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."